Our Promise To You
My Environmental Promise: I use Forest Stewardship Council certified woods or woods salvaged from downed trees. All boards are glassed with epoxy resin which is cleaner for our environment and emits 50-75% less Volatile Organic Compounds than polyester resin. In my shop I have moderate ventilation and no need for a mask when glassing. Epoxy is lighter and stronger than polyester. My wood boards are nearly indestructible and should last a lifetime. Each board is quality crafted for strength, durability and concern for our environment.
My Satisfaction Promise: Ride your board for 30 days. If you don't like it, return it.
CONTACT: Dan Johnston BlindDogSurfboards@yahoo.com
All images are copyright protected and my not be used without permission from Blind Dog Surfboards.
Aug 15, 2017
Jul 7, 2017
Just might head down to this event in October. I'll bring extra boards. Meet fellow wood board builders including Dennis Hansen, Dirty Crow Surfboards and maybe Tom Allen from Tradition Surfboards, and myself.
May 26, 2017
"volvov90crosscountry hashtag on Twitter
May 4, 2017
If you think you can out swim one, well maybe you can. The reality is probably not and children are easily over powered by rip currents. The issues seems to be they feel protected while holding on to a boogy board, they are not. Or they know how to swim. Ocean swimming is completely different animal.
1. Always keep an eye on your children. Know where they are at all times.
2. Boogy boards are unsafe insurance.
3. If you're not from around here and don't know what a rip tide/current looks like, as a local. Hit up the guy/gal on that red ATV doing beach patrol.
4. There are NO lifeguards at Sunset Beach or Ocean Isle Beach.
5. Take two minutes and read the posted sign at SB boardwalks about rip tides.
More about Rip Tides: Rip Tide Dangers
Have a safe vacation at our beach.
Want to learn to how to surf and water safety, call Tom, upper right corner of this page.